Revisiting New Year’s Resolutions 2016
I think I did a surprisingly good job this year………
Send out Kickstarter rewards ASAP!I’ve more or less sent out all Kickstarter rewards for The Poet and the Flea (Volume 1). The only ones I haven’t sent out are to backers that never gave me their shipping address. I’ll have to try to contact those backers again. Work on illustrating The Poet and the Flea volumes 2 and 3.The script and thumbnail drafts for The Poet and the Flea volumes two and three are complete, so I feel like I’ve accomplished a good chunk this year. I haven’t started on final pages yet, but I’m hoping to do so in the near future. I’m also working on illustrating another graphic novel, The Plague and Doctor Caim as well as writing a few more graphic novel scripts. Get The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1) into bookstores.The Poet and the Flea (Vol. 1) is now in Big Planet Comics in the DMV area and The William Blake Gallery in San Francisco. 🙂 Work on wolf-related and/or opera-related graphic novel script. This year, I completed the script for The Plague and Doctor Caim, a 100-page graphic novel. I’m around halfway through writing the wolf-related graphic novel script. I’ve also been working on the opera-related graphic novel script, which is taking a lot of research and translation. Work on more illustrations for Hello Blob.I’ve been working on a somewhat big Hello Blob project only recently, a couple doodles every night.
- Work on Harajuku-related project. I’m putting this project on the back burner for now. This year, I also bought a bunch of blank Kokeshi dolls I’d like to paint as another (maybe Hello-Blob-related) project.
- Get back to work on graphic novel The First Reich. This project is definitely on the back burner for now.
Exhibit at SPX 2016 and other alternative comic conventions. This year, I exhibited at PIX (Pittsburgh Indie Comix Expo), Creator Con, DC Zinefest, SPX (Small Press Expo), and Richmond Zine Fest. I also did two art shows, ARTSHOW_15: Comix and Gallery 102: Series No. __. I’m looking forward to exhibiting at more conventions next year! Get a part-time job that has a creative component and is fun. The first 8 months of this year, I was a cake decorator — which was a somewhat creative job, but wasn’t that great. Now, I’m an after school art teacher, which is a million times more creative and fun! Possibly apply to some fellowships and/or programs.I did apply to a few different things this year, but to varying results. I think I was most successful with conventions and art shows. Continue practicing Japanese.I’m always trying to practice my Japanese. I didn’t practice as much as I wanted to, but it’s something I try to keep up.
New Year’s Resolutions 2017
- Work on illustrating The Poet and the Flea volumes 2 and 3.
- Work on illustrating The Plague and Doctor Caim.
- Send queries to literary agents about The Plague and Doctor Caim.
- Work on wolf-related, opera-related, and/or Wild-West-related graphic novel scripts.
- Work on more illustrations for Hello Blob.
- Exhibit at SPX 2017, DC Zinefest, and other alternative comic conventions.
- Continue to work on my Patreon account (patreon.com/gegallas).
- Work on some more freelance illustration projects.
- Possibly put lots of work into a new illustration portfolio.
- Continue practicing Japanese.
Copyright 2016 by G. E. Gallas